Thursday, September 08, 2005

ketchup or catsup?

Catching up...

Dad's surgery was last week, and it went great. "Mad props" (whatever those are) to his surgeon, Dr. Edward Chen, and all of the staff at Emory who made his stay as pleasant as possible. The doc said his heart is in great shape, but his lungs are horribly damaged by years of smoking. Dad has no plans of smoking again, thankfully, and I am hoping he won't ever find the need to pick up another cigarette. And you, too, if you're a smoker. :D

In other news, I am doing my final studying for my Real Estate licensing exams, which I hope to take next week. I think I am probably ready, but I just don't want to take it twice!

Most importantly, the people affected by Hurricane Katrina have been in my constant thoughts and prayers. I can't get over the heartbreaking devastation they are experiencing, and I'm not to the point yet that I can turn off the TV. I just feel that the victims all deserve to have their stories seen and heard. I have "adopted" a New Orleans family who was displaced and is now starting over (at least for the next six months or so) in Birmingham, with the help of my friend, Lynn. If you would like to help send support to them, let me know. I just personally can't be satisfied by throwing money at huge organizations-- the possibility of funds being diverted doesn't prevent me from doing it, but not without hesitation.

Other than that, my life is good, and I have no complaints.

God save the Gulf Coast.

1 comment:

Tasty said...

I'm still prayin, sister.